Generally speaking, people do not naturally take to exercise. In most cases, people either hate exercise or do it out of necessity such when they are afflicted with a disease and exercise is part of the treatment. Although it provides numerous health and even emotional and psychological benefits, exercise has always been something people have a hard time liking. It takes commitment to exercise regularly.
If there was pill that could relieve stress, improve one’s mood, prevent diseases, alleviate depression, clear one’s thinking and increase one’s lifespan, it would probably be the number one product in the world. Unfortunately, such a pill has not yet been created. However, there is a natural method that would enable one to experience all these benefits and it is known as exercise.
The hard truth is, to get fit, you really need to exercise. Our body was built to move because it needs to release energy daily. You need to give your body time and attention to build it up and make it stronger.
The amazing thing about this though is that once you pay attention to your body and start exercising on a regular basis, you will start to like it and even crave for it. You wouldn’t want to miss a day of exercise.
Below are the top 10 ways you can make exercise a part of your daily routine:
1. Don’t go it alone, find an exercise partner. You can workout with a friend or a family member. It would be much better if you find one who already works out regularly. You can encourage each other.
2. Plan ahead. Write an exercise schedule in your daily planner.
3. Have daily and weekly realistic fitness goals. If your goals are doable, you will always be motivated.
4. Attend group classes. You can get a lot of support from others in the
class and this will help you stick with your fitness goals.
5. Work with a fitness trainer. It may cost a lot but because you want to get your money’s worth, you will take your workouts seriously.
6. Incorporate your exercises into your household chores or work in the office. Do yard work, use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk to lunch or meetings, park far from your office building be creative.
7. Get your family involved. Your spouse or kids may enjoy it too!
8. Participate in competitions. Join a league or a fun run. Be an amateur athlete. Train for it and set goals so that you can prepare yourself well for the big challenge. Not only will you get in shape but you will also feel a great sense of accomplishment when it’s over.
9. Do activities with your friends that would get all of you moving instead of just having a sit-down lunch or dinner. You can exercise in the gym together after work or train together for a fun marathon.
10.Write a reminder to yourself that says why exercise so important. Read it everyday to help you stay focused.
Find More Diet & Exercise Articles